Date(s) - 09/22/2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Peace Resource Center
A Peace Economy for All San Diego NOW!
1-2-3…Transitioning from Disaster Capitalism to a Peace & Just Economy
An opportunity to discuss actual steps we can take to transition to a peace economy, rather than lectures on the present dismal state of our militarized police state, our corporate welfare/control, military empire & impact on earth/people, etc.
Solutions & dialogue!
10:00 amGeneral Intro: Anne – What does a Peace & Just Economy look like in San Diego
10:30 am- Workshops
11:15 am – Light lunch & group sharing
12:00 pm – Workshops
12:45 pm – Group report-backs & next steps
- Divest from War/Invest In People (Anne Barron)
- Alternative Economies (Jeeni Criscenzo/WOSD)
- Transitioning from a Police State to Community Serve & Protect (WOSD)
- Housing NOW! (Martha Sullivan/WOSD)
- Peace & Listening Circle (Sr. LaVern Oberding/PRC)
Food/light lunch/snacks will be provided and people can eat at any time.
Afternoon circle with Ashley McQuire after the event.